Sometimes enjoying your favorite pleasure food can hit just the right spot to lift the spirit, but have less than desirable ingredients. However, try this grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free DELICIOUS brownie recipe and you get the emotional pleasure without the guilt.
-½ cup Almond Flour
-½ cup Cacao Powder
-2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
-¼ tsp Sea Salt
-¼ tsp Baking Soda
-1 Tbsp Coconut Milk
-1/3 cup Coconut Nectar
-2/3 cup Coconut Crystals
-1 Tbsp Vanilla
-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
-3 oz Chocolate (I like to use “Chocolate Dream” Chocolate chips) and a ½ cup coconut oil.
*Optional: 1/4 cup walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the flours, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Blend the eggs, nectar, coconut crystals, vanilla, and coconut milk. Set aside.
4. If you are using the chocolate, heat the coconut oil on low (I use a 4 on my stove) and once warm, remove from the heat and add the chocolate stirring.
5. Pour the chocolate and oil into the dry ingredients. Mix to take the temperature of the oil down, then slowly add the egg mixture, stirring while pouring.
6. If you are using walnuts add to mixture and mix together with a blender.
7. Grease an 8" × 8” baking glass dish with coconut oil. (Place coconut oil in the baking dish in the oven. After it has melted bring out swish around to coat the dish.)
8. Pour the mixture into the greased 8" × 8” baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.