Fall time is a great time to begin to detox and restore the system. I wanted to share some of my favorite detox resources that are SAFE from my 10 Day Easy Detox for Busy People Online Program! I see many people try to detox without support and guidance and get sick. These tips are easy and doable for anyone
Tracy's Tip: 5 Best Detoxifying Foods
1. Milk Thistle (protect liver and eliminate toxins)
What to Buy: Go out and get the supplement at the health food store and take the dosage listed on back of bottle. **Always check with your physician if you decide to take herbs if you are on medications**
2. Probiotics (good bacteria. 80% immune system is in our gut)
What to Buy: Go out and try some keifer, raw sauerkraut, kimchi or organic yogurt. These foods have natural probiotics. Make sure they are raw though. So, that would not be sauerkraut in the bag or can.
3. Turmeric (top anti-inflammatory and protect against free radicals that can cause disease and cancer). This is the most widely studied herb today.
What to Buy: Go out to eat at your local Indian restaurant or just find encapsulated at health food stores. **Always check with your physician if you decide to take herbs if you are on medications**
4. Seaweed (Best is chlorella. Second best spirulina. Pulls out heavy metal and radiation).
What to Buy: If you don't like to seaweed taste (you can go out any buy nori) just get some greens powder and add to a smoothie or 100% pure juice (apple or orange not preferred)
5. Apple cider vinegar (Loaded with enzymes. Support healthy bacteria and pulls out toxins)
What to Buy: Braggs is my favorite and I take 1 tablespoon in 6 ounces of water every morning to help with gut health.
6. Leafy Greens (Cilantro best. Support against heavy metals and support liver. Some other good ones are cucumbers and parsley.
What to Buy: I like to fresh greens over the dried or powdered, but please make sure you get these in daily. Kale and Spinach are on the Dirty Dozen, so make sure you buy local or organic. Consume a variety of greens throughout the week. You can even buy cilantro as essential oils and do less effort with more results! I love Doterra Zendocrine Detox Blend!