The fifth chakra, Vishuddha, is located in the throat. It resides in the area of the thyroid and jaw. It is the first of the spiritual chakras and the place of expression and communication.
Tracy's Tip: 5 Steps to Balance the Fifth Chakra
As chopra.com states "often it’s easier to say what the other person may want to hear instead of speaking your truth. Fear of not being accepted, or judgment from the other may hinder your truthful verbal expression."
1. Practice Mirror Work. Place one hand to your heart and look into your eyes in the mirror and say "I Love You." It may seem difficult at first, but the more you practice, the more authentic you become.
2. Practice Compassionate Communication. As chopra.com states:
- First, ask yourself, “Is what I am about to say true?”
- If so, proceed to the second gateway and ask, “Is what I am about to say necessary?”
- If the answer is yes, go to the third gateway and ask yourself, “Is what I am about to say kind?”
3. Practice the yoga breath Lions Breath. This breath locks the throat and then releases it.
4. Lemongrass Essential Oil is amazing to support your thyroid, while Bergamot, Basil, Cypress, and Peppermint is great to balance the throat energy and wellness.
5. The Color of Vishuddha is Blue. Wearing blue or using sapphire, blue topaz, lapis lazuli, aquamarine, and turquoise stones on the throat doing mirror work or carrying when you need to communicate helps to balance the throat.
(Resource Chopra.com, yogajournal.com, Picture Aromaweb)