The fourth chakra is located in the heart center. Anahata is considered your love chakra and means "unhurt." True love resides in the fourth chakra. It is the place where the body (the lower chakras) meet the spirit (the upper chakras).
Tracy's Tip: 5 Steps to Balance the Fourth Chakra
According to chopra.com "When your heart chakra is open, you are flowing with love and compassion, you are quick to forgive, and you accept others and yourself. A closed heart chakra can give way to grief, anger, jealousy, fear of betrayal, and hatred toward yourself and others."
1. Practice "Metta" Loving-Kindness
Say this sequence to yourself daily (or make your own):
May I be filled with loving-kindness
May I be happy
May I be supported
May I be healthy
May I live with freedom and ease
Then think of someone you love and say the phrase. repeat it to yourself, say to someone you feel resentment with, and finally back to yourself.
2. Do reclined bound angle pose with an optional bolster under the length of the spine and rolled blankets under the hips.
3. Enjoy heart healthy foods like garlic, olive oil, avocado, almonds, pomegranate, asparagus, and salmon.
4. Use uplifting essential oils to bring peace within. My favorites are peppermint, lime, grapefruit, bergamot, tangerine, and orange. doTERRA has blends called Elevation and Citrus Bliss that are great heart lifters.
5. The color of the Anahata is green. Wear green clothes or use green gems like emerald, malachite and jade.
(Resource: chopra.com, yogajournal.com. Picture: curejoy.com)