The second chakra is located above the pubic bone and below the navel. Svadhisthana, is also known as the creativity chakra. Known as "the dwelling place of the self." According to chopra.com when you're balanced you have "feelings of wellness, abundance, pleasure, and joy."
Tracy's Tip: 5 Steps to Balance the Second Chakra
Emotional instability is the main imbalance of Svadhisthana. Depression, anxiety, fear of change and trouble being intimate.
1. Practice Creativity in any form that aligns with your personality. Creativity sparks you inner child and helps manifest pure joy. Try painting, crafts, playing games or whatever sparks you.
2. Dance like no one is looking. Moving your body not only releases endorphins, but it helps to awaken your inner play. Spend time with kids. Another way to play and tap into pure joy.
3. Use essential oils to help you feel uplifted like Bergamot, Orange and Neroli. Or use oils to awaken your inner passion like Jasmine, Clarysage, Sandalwood, Cardamom and Patchouli. Take 1-2 drops and rub into belly in clockwise motion. Place on bottom of feet to feel grounded and on sternum to smell throughout the day.
4. Practice Bound Angle (Butterfly) Pose to release tension in your hips and let your belly open.
5. The color of Svadhisthana is orange. Wear orange to feeling creative and abundant.
(Resource: Chopra.com Picture: divavillage.com)