The seventh chakra called Sahaswara is located at the crown of the head. It is called "thousand-petal lotus" and is your connection to your enlightenment. It is the source of your spirituality and connects you to all that there is. This ultimately means the seventh chakra is realizing you are pure awareness and consciousness.
Tracy's Tip: 5 Steps to Balance the Seventh Chakra
When you find yourself thinking all about you and practicing selfish behaviors the seventh chakra could be out of balance. Fear of death, lacking a purpose for living or feeling unloved and alone are common seventh chakra imbalances.
1. According to chopra.com "practicing meditation, prayer, and daily silence are disciplines that lead to increased moments of spiritual connection. In fact, these are the only means by which you will experience the essence of Sahaswara. Just as you would go to school for hours a day and study for exams to obtain a degree, meditation, prayer, and silence are your studies to obtain a spiritual degree."
2. Practice Compassion. A practice of realizing we are all sharing this world and live life can help to find understanding with others. Saying the phrase "Just like me this person is [insert the struggle you are having with them or a struggle they are having that you don't understand]. Using this compassion exercise before reacting to others can help with better communication and relationships.
3. Use essential oils to activate your crown chakra. Frankinscense, Rose and Sandalwood are considered holy/powerful oils connecting you to all that is. For something that is more affordable try Lavender, Geranium and Cedarwood. Using the oils aromatically is the best way to connect the oils to the crown.
4. Savasana (corpse pose) is the ultimate yoga pose to let it all go and connect to all that is. I call it nap time in yoga.
5. The color of Sahaswara is violet or white. Wear these colors or use amethyst, selenite, and sugilite gems.
According to chopra.com (Resource: chopra.com, Picture: theworldisallyours.com)