The third chakra is located in the area of the solar plexus. Manipura is considered your self-esteem chakra. Your sense of confidence and inner strength reside in this chakra as well governing digestion and metabolism.
Tracy's Tip: 5 Steps to Balance the Third Chakra
According to Chopra.com, "when you feel self-confident, have a strong sense of purpose, and are self-motivated, your third chakra is open and healthy. If your third chakra is out of balance, you can suffer from low self-esteem, have difficulty making decisions, and may have anger or control issues."
1. Create strong and stable choices. Try muscle testing to connect to your body and how to make decisions aligned with your authentic self. Stand with your feet firmly on the ground. Place your hands on your solar plexus. Say aloud your name. See which direction your weight goes (forward or backward). Then say a name not yours and see which way your weight goes (forward to back). Whichever direction your weight went when you said your real name is your "yes." Now ask yourself about anything by placing the item or your hands to the solar plexus and say "Is this for my highest good?" See which way it goes for a "yes" or a "no." If your weight seems to teeter in between that means you are uncertain.
2. Keep you Digestion flowing smoothly. I like to have a detox/metabolism drink every morning to get things moving. 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I prefer Braggs), 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground tumeric, and a pinch of cayenne pepper in 6 ounces of warm water. I chase it with a 1/2 teaspoon of local raw honey.
3. Use essential oils with a belly massage. I like to mix 1 drop of ginger and 1 drop of peppermint in some coconut oil and rub on my belly in clockwise motions in the evening. You can also try sipping on some ginger tea to feel comforted and at ease.
4. Doing seated spinal twist can detox the organs, ignite the digestive system and loosen the hold of a tight spine. Done in the am and pm this easy twist can bring you balance and flexibility.
5. The color of Manipura is yellow or gold. Wear yellow or gold to connect to the third charkra or carry gems in these colors. Chopra.com says "yellow topaz, golden yellow labradorite, and tiger-eye stones are all great gems to enhance your sense of personal power."
(Resource: Chopra.com, Picture: healing journeys energy)