Tracy's Tip: 5 Steps to Kick High Fructose Corn Syrup
What is Sugar?
Fructose And Glucose
Glucose = Simple sugars used by almost every cell in body for energy.
Fructose = Processed in Liver where appetite, obesity and inflammation increases.
According to Dr. Mark Hyman...
"High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) can contain anywhere from 55 to 90 percent fructose and is derived from corn, a heavily subsidized (read: cheap) crop. Manufacturers love HFCS because, especially when compared to regular sugar, it’s cheaper, sweeter and produced in abundance."
What it can do...
- Creates holes in intestines. (aka Leaky Gut)
- Liver damage(Fatty Liver) Affects 70 million people in this country.
What Makes Fructose in Fruit Different Than HFCS?
"Fruit is an exception to the fructose rule. Naturally occurring fructose in fruit is part of a complex web of nutrients and fiber and doesn’t exhibit the same biological effects as the high fructose found in corn sugar.
When fructose is processed into high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), it is absorbed more quickly than regular sugar and enters your cells without any help. Fructose makes a beeline straight to your liver, where metabolic havoc ensues."
What to do....
1. Eat Whole/Unprocessed Foods.
2. Sweeten naturally with raw honey, coconut nectar, stevia (sweet leaf brand) and real fruit.
3. Eat Protein to curb sugar cravings.
4. Drink Lemon Water to balane your Ph.
5. Go Organic. Most organic brands (like ketchup for example) won't have HFCS in it.
Stressed Out & Running on Empty? WANT MORE ENERGY, HAPPINESS & KICK BAD FOOD HABITS? Get Your Free Breakthrough Coaching Call Here