Foods that are grown in the sun are wonderful foods for your crown chakra. Find some dates that are sun-dried and enjoy an amazing dessert that satisfies your sweet craving, while nurturing your crown chakra.
Tracy's Treat: Paleo Date Tarts
Makes (18) mini tartlets.
Walnut Tart Shell
- 1 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3 dates
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups large medjool dates, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- About 1/2 cup pecans
1. In a food processor combine the ingredients for the Walnut Tart Shell.
2. Blend until the pieces are broken down and stick together when pressed.
3. Spoon evenly into tart pans or an oiled mini muffin tin (for tartlets) and press down gently to create a thin, even crust on the bottom and sides.
4. Place in freezer while making the filling.
5. Place the soaked dates in a food processor or powerful blender.
6. Add about 1-2 tbsp fresh water and blend until smooth and gooey, scraping down the sides often.
7. Spoon or pipe filling into chilled crusts and top with pecans.
8. Place in refrigerator and allow tartlets to set up for at least 1 hour.
If there is difficulty in removing the tarts from the muffin tin, stick the pan in the freezer for about 30 minutes until shells harden. Remove and run a knife around the edge of each tart. Using the knife, pop tarts out from the bottom.