My absolute favorite dip! Try to chopping the ingredients bigger for a chunkier version of this amazing nutritious dish. Avocados are a GREAT fat source for metabolism and many of the other ingredients are GREAT for your liver.
Tracy's Treat: Great Guacamole
- 2 medium sized avocados
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (cleaned and chopped)
- 1 very small red onion (or 1/2 small/medium)
- 1 small tomato
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin
1. Cut up avocados and put into a bowl.
2. Add cleaned and chopped cilantro (It is best to let it air dry before you try to chop).
3. Add onion, tomato and garlic
4. Gradually add salt, cumin, and lime juice and stop adding when it tastes good to you
5. Store in the fridge (with the avocado pit in it to keep fresh) for at least an hour
- Guacamole with last 1-2 days. You can help the freshness by putting the pit in it and also squirting a bit of lemon juice. The less air that gets to it the less likely it will brown.
- Add to your favorite burger or just eat with your favorite chips! See my Paleo Tortilla Chips post for Paleo style chips.
(Picture Resource: Knorr.com)