Adding cleansing herbs like thyme, cilantro, basil, or parsley to a fritttata can be a tasty way to feel nourished from the inside/out.
Tracy's Treat: Herb Mini Frittatas with Sauteed Arugula
(This is for 12 mini frittatas. Cut the recipe in half for only 6)
-12 large eggs
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-3 tbsp olive oil
-1 small onion
-1 clove garlic, minced
-2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (I used cilantro and basil)
-Add in some sauteed arugula and top with fresh sprouts (optional).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat to 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper until blended.
3. Warm oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until softened but not browned, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
4. Whisk onion mixture and herbs into eggs. Divide among the 12 muffin cups and bake until set in center. 20-30 minutes.
5. Add in sides and toppings (optional)
(Resources: All You Magazine)