Comfort foods are a great comfort for your throat health and your peace of mind. using cauliflower instead of potatoes can offer a healthier version of a comfort food favorite.
- 1 Medium Head of Cauliflower and cut into small florets (6-7 cups)
- 1 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh or dried parsley (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add some salt.
2. Add in cauliflower and cook till very tender (aprox. 10 minutes).
3. Save 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
4. Drain rest well and add cauliflower to food processor (or use potato masher).
5. Add in Parsley (optional).
6. Add in the 1/4 cup liquid 1 tbls at a time until you get a creamy mixture.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in some olive oil spread, coconut oil spread or organic butter for a bit more taste.