Comfort food that is delicious and healthy. Great side dish, main course, and, because of the sweet tasting vegetables, great dessert!
Tracy's Treat: Roasted Vegetables
- 1 Winter Squash (Butternut, Acorn, Buttercup, Delicata, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-2 cups brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced
- 4-6 Shallots, cut and sliced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tbls Rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1-2 tsp Ground Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean, peel and cut veggies. (I like to use a knife to peel instead of peeler for winter squash. You might lose some of the food, but it is so much easier).
3. Put all ingredients in a Oven Safe Dish
4. Drizzle Olive Oil and add seasoning. Mix up and place in oven
5. Cook about 40-60 minutes. Make sure turnip and brussels are done.