Sweet vegetables can be a great way to satisfy the sweet tooth without the nasty side effects.
Tracy's Treat: Slow Cooker Rosemary Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 1/2 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped (or 4 tablespoons dried)
- 3 garlic cloves
1. Cut acorn squash in half. Scoop out seeds. Cut eat half into 4 slices.
2. Pour liquid into slow cooker. Place squash slices, flesh side up, in slow cooker.
3. Drizzle olive oil and then balsamic vinegar (optional) over squash pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using a garlic press, mince garlic cloes over squash. Lastly, sprinkle with chopped rosemary.
4. Put cover on slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or 4 hours on high). Remove and drizzle with cooking liquid left in slow cooker. Serve and enjoy!