With spinach and artichokes high in magnesium, this tasty snack can keep your energy and mood boosted.
Tracy's Treat: Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (I prefer Organic)
- 2 (13 ¾-ounce) cans artichoke hearts (I prefer organic and rinsed)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I prefer organic or avocado based mayo)
- ½ cup sour cream (For Dairy Free Try Tofutti Brand)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan (For Dairy Free Try Go Veggie)
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese (For Dairy Free Try Daiya)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. Heat the spinach in a microwave oven on high for 5 minutes and squeeze dry. Or cook on stove top and squeeze dry. Drain the artichoke hearts and coarsely chop in a food processor.
3. Combine all the ingredients and half the jack cheese in a large bowl. Stir well. Scrape
into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle other ½ cup of jack cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Transfer to a chafing dish and keep warm.
(Resource: picture: twohungrypeas.com)