Great comforting recipe with many spices for your health and tastebuds!
Tracy's Treat: Tex-Mex Paleo Meatballs
-1 pound ground grass fed beef
-1 large egg
-1/3 cup red pepper (about half a red pepper) finely diced
-1/3 cup green onion, chopped
-1 medium sized jalapeno, seeded and finely diced (keep the seeds in for more heat)
-1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, chopped
-11/2 teaspoons ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-2 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/2 teaspoon garlic granules or powder
-1/4 cup almond flour or Ground Flax Meal (Flax can help meatballs stay moist)
-1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
-1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a large cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. I LOVE making on my Pampered Chef Bar Pan.
2. Add everything to a large bowl and gently mix till well combined.
3. Make golf ball size (or larger) out of the meat mixture and place them about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat balls reaches 165 degrees. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with coarse sea salt and allow them to rest for a few minutes.
5. If desired, place the meatballs under the broiler for the last two minutes for a crispier outside.