This salad recipe from Dr. Axe is fantastic!! Almost every ingredient in this recipe has anti-inflammatory properties.
Tracy's Treat: Anti-Inflammatory Lunch
- 2 cups pitted and halved dark cherries
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
1. Soak quinoa and and cook wild rice in 3 cups of water for 15 minutes.
2. Drain quinoa and add to rice. Continue to cook from 15 minutes.
3. Drain and combine with vegetable, cherries and nuts in a bowl.
4. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt/pepper and pour on salad.