Beets are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. Soup is gentle on the stomach. Enjoy this soup recipe to keep your third chakra warm and pleased.
Tracy's Treat: Beet Soup
- 1 Medium Onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 3-4 large beets, rinsed, peeled, cubed
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- ½ lemon
- Dill to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Saute onion with oil in large pot over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add the beets and sauté for 5 more minutes.
3. Add water or stock and bring to a boil. Skim foam off top and cook covered medium-low heat about 30 minutes.
4. Squeeze lemon into pot and add salt.
5. Puree with a hand blender or keep beets whole.
6. Serve hot or cold and add dill to taste.
(Resource: Yoga Journal Magazine)