Who says adults can't still eat like a kid and be healthy? In honor of balancing your second chakra by playing more here is an adult friendly pancake recipe that is full of fiber, fruit and fun!
Tracy's Treat: Paleo Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (if doing paleo then choose 1/3 cup coconut crystals or 1 tablespoon stevia)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (pure)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut Oil (heated up to liquid)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup "Golden" Flaxseed Meal ("golden" will be less grain tasting, but you can use regular flax seed meal if you like hearty tasting pancakes)
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour (finely ground preferred)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Coconut oil spray
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- Raw walnuts (optional)
1. Combine the wet ingredients: eggs, maple syrup (if using coconut crystals/stevia do not add in yet), vanilla extract, water, coconut oil (liquid form) and sea salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients: flaxseed, almond flour, coconut crystals and stevia if not using maple syrup, baking powder and arrowroot powder and mix until combined. …or if you are lazy, just put all of the ingredients in a blender and go to town. Add some more water if the mix is too thick. Put in blueberries if you are adding fresh fruit.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat, THEN spray with coconut oil.
4. Make smaller pancakes – the larger you make, the harder they will be to flip.
5. It only takes a couple of minutes on each side – just make sure that they are a golden brown on each side and you’re ready to eat!
NOTE: I spray the pan with coconut oil for every set of pancakes I make. It makes them a little crispy on the edges.
OPTIONAL: I like to top with a few more fresh blueberries and walnuts.